Q: When will tickets go on sale?
• February 26, 2018.
Q: Where will tickets go on sale?
• Kumble Theater for the Performing Arts (click for contact info.) by phone, online, or in person beginning
• We can help you purchase tickets but we do not sell them at the dance studio.
Q: How much are tickets?
• Pre-Sale Week Monday, February 26 – Sunday, March 4: Tickets are 10% off exclusively for CKDS immediate families. A required discount code will be provided soon. Orchestra Front $35; Orchestra Rear & Balconies $29.70.
• After March 4: Orchestra Front $40; Orchetra Rear & Balconies $33
• After Pre-Sale Week you may purchase tickets for any of the spring performances (not just the one recommended on the cast list).
• If you would like more than 10 tickets for a show, call the studio at 718-521-4043.
Q: Where will the dress rehearsals and performances take place?
• All rehearsals and performances are held at Kumble Theater. The dance studio will be closed on April 8, 13, 14 & 15.
• Here are directions: www.kumbletheater.org/directions.
• As guest of Kumble Theater, we must follow their rules and policies. Please review them here Theater Policies.
+ REHEARSALS & PERFORMANCES
Q: When will my child rehearse and perform?
• Keep scrolling until you see "CAST LIST".
• Students MUST arrive 15 minutes prior to dress rehearsal and be in full costume ready to perform when rehearsal begins.
• For performances, students MUST arrive 1 hour before the show begins.
• Students may not bring any personal or valueable belongings with them backstage.
• Dancers rehearsing/performing in more than one show in the same day must be picked up after each rehearsal or performance. Parent volunteers are welcome to assist during breaks.
• If your student can to go out for lunch alone, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Q: Do I get to watch rehearsals?
• No. Parents are not allowed in the theater during rehearsal. Parents will not accompany dancers backstage. Staff will be present to supervise dancers.
• Drop-off and pick-up students at the stage door.
• If your dancer has multiple same day rehearses or performances, they will have a break between performances to relax and eat a snack with family or parent volunteers.
+ COSTUMES & HAIR
• Costumes are distributed as they are completed and delivered (during Jan, Feb and March)
• If your dancer is wearing a leotard or tutu, THEY SHOULD NOT WEAR UNDERWEAR. A leotard is like a bathing suits.
• Name in costumes, shoes and tights. EVERYTHING!
• Dress Rehearsals are recorded. This means hair neatly tied or braided in a bun, proper tights, costumes and ballet slippers or black sneakers.
• Costumes are yours to keep.
• Tights and ballet slippers will be available for purchase at Kumble Theater during rehearsals and performances.
Q: What about hair and accessories?
• Hair must be neatly tied or braided back (in a bun for ballet dancers) for rehearsals and performances.
• No nail polish or jewelry anywhere AT ALL!
+ DVDs of Performances
• Details on how to pre-order DVDs coming soon.
+ Important Dates
• No classes from Friday, March 30 – Friday, April 6 (Spring Break).
• Regular classes will be held April 9, 10, 11 & 12 at the studio.
• Classes resume Monday, April 16 and continue through June 10.
• Auditions for 2018-19 company levels will take place April 22.
• During our Spring Sampler, May 1–31, students can take as many dance classes within their age range as they like for FREE. This gives the students a chance to try different styles of dance.
• Registration for 2018-2019 school year classes will begin in May 14.
• No classes Monday, May 28.
• Classes end Sunday, June 10th.
+ CAST LIST
There will be five performances. Each show is one hour long. Your child’s dress schedule for the dress rehearsal and show(s) is as follows: