Annual Spring Performance FAQ
Click "+" symbol for more information
If your dancer is in more than 1 class, we suggest first purchasing tickets to the recommended show in the highlighted row below. Beginning Monday, March 5 you are welcome to purchase tickets to any other performance.
Q: When will tickets go on sale?
- February 26, 2018.
Q: Where will tickets go on sale?
- Kumble Theater for the Performing Arts (click for contact info.) by phone, online, or in person beginning
- We can help you purchase tickets but we do not sell them at the dance studio.
Q: How much are tickets?
- Pre-Sale Week Monday, February 26 – Sunday, March 4: Tickets are 10% off exclusively for CKDS immediate families. A required discount code will be provided soon. Orchestra Front $35; Orchestra Rear & Balconies $29.70.
- After March 4: Orchestra Front $40; Orchetra Rear & Balconies $33
- After Pre-Sale Week you may purchase tickets for any of the spring performances (not just the one recommended on the cast list).
- If you would like more than 10 tickets for a show, call the studio at 718-521-4043.
Q: Where will the dress rehearsals and performances take place?
+ REHEARSALS & PERFORMANCES
Q: When will my child rehearse and perform?
- Keep scrolling until you see "CAST LIST".
- Students MUST arrive 15 minutes prior to dress rehearsal and be in full costume ready to perform when rehearsal begins.
- For performances, students MUST arrive 1 hour before the show begins.
- Students may not bring any personal or valueable belongings with them backstage.
- Dancers rehearsing/performing in more than one show in the same day must be picked up after each rehearsal or performance. Parent volunteers are welcome to assist during breaks.
- If your student can to go out for lunch alone, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Do I get to watch rehearsals?
- No. Parents are not allowed in the theater during rehearsal. Parents will not accompany dancers backstage. Staff will be present to supervise dancers.
- Drop-off and pick-up students at the stage door.
- If your dancer has multiple same day rehearses or performances, they will have a break between performances to relax and eat a snack with family or parent volunteers.
+ COSTUMES & HAIR
- Costumes are distributed as they are completed and delivered (during Jan, Feb and March)
- If your dancer is wearing a leotard or tutu, THEY SHOULD NOT WEAR UNDERWEAR. A leotard is like a bathing suits.
- Name in costumes, shoes and tights. EVERYTHING!
- Dress Rehearsals are recorded. This means hair neatly tied or braided in a bun, proper tights, costumes and ballet slippers or black sneakers.
- Costumes are yours to keep.
- Tights and ballet slippers will be available for purchase at Kumble Theater during rehearsals and performances.
Q: What about hair and accessories?
- Hair must be neatly tied or braided back (in a bun for ballet dancers) for rehearsals and performances.
- Click here and here for the perfect ballet bun-making instructions.
- No nail polish or jewelry anywhere AT ALL!
+ DVDs of Performances
- To place an order for DVD(s), click here
- Order by April 13 to receive the discounted price of $39.95.
- Price after April 13 is $45
- Printed Order forms may also be submitted in the dance studio. (cash or check only)
- You may choose to have your DVDs shipped to you, or you may pick them up at Cynthia King Dance Studio by July 1, 2018.
+ Important Dates
- No classes from Friday, March 30 – Friday, April 6 (Spring Break).
- Regular classes will be held April 9, 10, 11 & 12 at the studio.
- Classes resume Monday, April 16 and continue through June 10.
- Auditions for 2018-19 company levels will take place April 22.
- During our Spring Sampler, May 1–31, students can take as many dance classes within their age range as they like for FREE. This gives the students a chance to try different styles of dance.
- Registration for 2018-2019 school year classes will begin in May 14.
- No classes Monday, May 28.
- Classes end Sunday, June 10th.