Important Party Info
Some Information To Help You In Planning Your Party
- Parties take place at 21 Snyder Avenue, between Bedford Avenue and Flatbush Avenue. We are just a few blocks from the B, Q, 2, 5 (Church Avenue) and the B35, B41, B44, B49.
- It is recommended that party guests wear clothing that allows for easy movement. Bare feet or socks should be worn in the dance room. No street shoes are allowed in the dance room.
- Please encourage party guests to arrive on time as the dance portion of the party will begin very soon after the party start time. Punctual arrival ensures that guests are comfortable with the party environment and that the flow of the party is not interrupted.
- Please note, we are a plant based dance studio. Below is a list of approved vegan vendors:
- Four Season Bakery & Juice Bar – 718.693.7996
- V-Spot – 718.928.8778
- Vegetarian Palate - 718.623.8808
- Zen– 718.282.2255
- Clementine Bakery – 718.483.8788
- 620 on Caton (Vegan Pizza) - 718.436.3502
- Happy Zoe Vegan Bakery - 718.560.3029
- Ginger House - 718.633.2088
- Sweets By Chloe Bakery - 347.620.9621
- You are responsible for all food/beverage and delivery. Please be sure to schedule these in advance with our host to ensure for organized set up and party flow. We have ice buckets for your use. Please bear this in mind when planning your party food offerings.
- We provide plates, forks, spoons, tablecloths and napkins, as well as serving platters, utensils and beverage dispenser. We also provide a step and repeat with a red carpet. We have supplies such as a cake knife, lighter and candles, a bottle-opener and corkscrew & ice buckets; but should you need specific serving “tools”, please bring them along.
- Gratuity for staff (at your discretion).
- Deposits can be paid via credit card in the amount of $250 and are nonrefundable. If you need to change the date of your party after the deposit is paid, you are able to do so pending availability. Please contact CKDS as soon as possible if you need to change the date or cancel your event.
BIRTHDAY PARTIES AT THE cynthia king DANCE studio
ABOUT THE PARTY
Parties require the rental of two separate spaces in the Dance Studio; a lobby space for gathering and refreshments and a studio space where the dance class will take place.
The CKDS provides:
- access to the two spaces
- tables and chairs
- party host
- dance teacher
- garbage removal
Children’s parties are two hours with a typical timeline of:
- 15 minutes - welcome and arrivals in the lobby space
- 45 minutes - dance class in the studio
- 45 minutes - refreshments in the lobby and celebration in the studio with family
- 15 minutes - goodbyes and clean-up
You may arrive up to 15 minutes prior to the start of your rental period for set-up, and must exit at the end of the 2 hour rental.
The party host will be your onsite point of contact on the day of the event. They will assist you with any questions you may have, to keep the pace of the event on track.
PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
- A $250 non-refundable deposit is required to secure the date of the event. The deposit will go towards the total amount due for the event.
- Final Payment is due 14 days in advance of the party.
- A credit card is required to keep on file. Payments can be made in cash or by credit card. Final payments must be received 14 days prior to the date of the party.
- In event of cancellation, Guest must notify Cynthia King Dance Studio, Inc. at least 14 days prior to the requested party date to receive a refund of any payments made. If guest gives less than a 14 day notification of a cancellation, CKDS reserves the right to charge the Guest half of the total amount due on the rental. Guest forfeits entire payment to CKDS for cancellations made less than 7 days before rental date.
- All prices include up to 10 guests (including birthday child).
- Additional guests, up to 20, can be added at $15/child.
- The number of participants attending the party determines the rate of the event. The total number of participants must not exceed 20 guests in the class and must be finalized no less than 14 days prior to the date of the party.
FOOD AND DÉCOR POLICIES
- Leftovers/Garbage: All garbage must be bagged at the end of the event. Cynthia King Dance Studio will provide cans and bags. Please plan ahead to take home excessive food or beverage leftovers.
- Set-Up: You may arrive up to 15 minutes in advance of your party to set-up any decorations for the party.
- Walls: No nails or wall puncture of any kind may be installed by Guest. Painter's tape, 3M removable hooks or Post-It sheets only may be used on the walls. PUSH PINS, SCOTCH TAPE AND DUCT TAPE ARE PROHIBITED. Guest agrees that all tape, decor and markings will be removed from the walls and floors upon completion of the rental.
- Confetti/Glitter: Confetti and glitter are prohibited at Cynthia King Dance Studio. CKDS reserves the right to charge a $50 cleaning fee if confetti or glitter is used/falls off of decorations, creating extra cleanup for CKDS staff.
- Use of Lobby Space: The lobby is a public space. We ask that children do not run in the lobby for their safety and the safety of all others in the lobby. Children and parents are welcome to use the studio that class was in for further dance/play time.
- Birthday Class: Your birthday class must start and end at the specific time stated in your confirmation. If you choose to start the class late, the class must still end at the specified time.
- Décor: No balloons, glitter, confetti or stickers are permitted in the dance studios at any time.
- Eating/Drinking: No food or drinks are allowed in the dance studios except bottled water. Food and drink may be consumed in the lobby.
- Photos: Cynthia King Dance Studio is a community center for many families, and we are respectful of their privacy. With this in mind, children, adults, faculty and staff may NOT be filmed or photographed without their consent. This includes incidental background footage. You may film with permission in the approved space or studio ONLY.
- Shoes: Please remove your shoes before entering the studio. No street shoes are allowed in the studios. This applies to all participants.
- Smoking: Cynthia King Dance Studio is a smoke-free building.
- Strollers: Limited stroller parking is available in designated areas in the studio.