Annual Spring Performance important details
Please take your time reviewing our performance information. Most questions can be answered here.
Also, the code for our mandatory pop quiz is hidden in one of the drop-downs. Can you find it?
Click "+" symbol for more information
Q: When will tickets go on sale?
• February 25, 2019. Click here to purchase tickets.
Q: Where will tickets go on sale?
• Kumble Theater for the Performing Arts (click for contact info.) by phone, online, or in person.
• We can help you purchase tickets but we do not sell them at the dance studio.
Q: How much are tickets?
• Pre-Sale Week Monday, February 25 – Sunday, March 3: Tickets are 10% off exclusively for CKDS immediate families. A required discount code will be provided soon. Orchestra Front $36; Orchestra Rear & Balconies $31.50.
• After Sunday, March 3: Orchestra Front $40; Orchestra Rear & Balconies $35
• After Pre-Sale Week you may purchase tickets for any of the spring performances (not just the one recommended on the cast list).
• If you would like more than 8 tickets for a show, call the studio at 718-521-4043.
Q: Where will the dress rehearsals and performances take place?
• All rehearsals and performances are held at Kumble Theater on April 7, 12, 13, 14. The dance studio will be closed on those dates.
• Here are directions: www.kumbletheater.org/directions.
• As guest of Kumble Theater, we must follow their rules and policies. Please review them here Theater Policies.
+ REHEARSALS & PERFORMANCES
Q: When will my child rehearse and perform?
• After thoroughly reviewing the Important Details, proceed to step 2 & 3 to view your child(ren) schedule.
• Students MUST arrive on time to dress rehearsal and be in full costume ready to perform when rehearsal begins.
• For performances, students MUST arrive 1 hour before the show begins.
• Students may not bring any personal or valuable belongings with them backstage. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
• Dancers rehearsing/performing in more than one show in the same day must be picked up after each rehearsal or performance. Parent volunteers are welcome to assist during breaks.
• If your student can to go out for lunch alone, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Do I get to watch rehearsals?
• No. Parents are not allowed in the theater during rehearsal. Parents will not accompany dancers backstage. Staff will be present to supervise dancers.
• Drop-off and pick-up students at the stage door.
• If your dancer has multiple same day rehearsals or performances, they will have a break between performances to relax and eat a snack with family or parent volunteers.
+ COSTUMES & HAIR
• Costumes are distributed as they are completed and delivered (during Jan, Feb and March). UPDATE: ALL COSTUMES HAVE BEEN SENT HOME.
• If your dancer is wearing a leotard or tutu, THEY SHOULD NOT WEAR UNDERWEAR. A leotard is like a bathing suit.
• Company Students (Jr. Co., Rep 1, Rep 2, Pre-Pro): Will need a nude camisole. This will be available at the studio.
• Name in costumes, shoes and tights. EVERYTHING!
• Dress Rehearsals are recorded. This means hair neatly tied or braided in a bun, proper tights, costumes and ballet slippers or black sneakers, no nail polish or jewelry. The code for the mandatory pop quiz is "found it".
• Costumes are yours to keep.
• Tights and ballet slippers will be available for purchase at Kumble Theater during rehearsals and performances.
• There will be a quick change area in the lobby available for changing into costumes. 2nd-floor bathrooms are also available. Company dancers are permitted to use the backstage dressing room.
Q: What about hair and accessories?
• Hair must be neatly tied or braided back (in a bun for ballet dancers) for rehearsals and performances.
• No nail polish or jewelry anywhere AT ALL!
• Bun help will be available at Kumble Theater for $10 (cash) click here to RSVP.
+ Important Dates
• Studio Closed: Sunday (April 7), Friday (April 12), Saturday (April 13), Sunday (April 14). We will be at Kumble Theater for dress/tech rehearsal and performances with the entire staff. Regular classes will not be held.
• Regular classes will be held April 8, 9, 10 & 11 at the studio.
• No classes from Friday, April 19 – Friday, April 26 (Spring Break).
• Classes resume Saturday, April 27 and continue through June 10.
• Auditions for 2019-20 company levels will take place April 28.
• During our Spring Sampler, May 1–31, students can take as many dance classes within their age range as they like for FREE. This gives the students a chance to try different styles of dance.
• Registration for 2019-2020 school year classes will begin in May 15.
• No classes Monday, May 27.
• Classes end Sunday, June 9th.